Frequently Asked Questions



Torrance Adult School Locations



Question #1: Where is Torrance Adult School Located?


Torrance Adult School has three main campuses located in Torrance, CA. They are:


Griffith Adult Center

2291 Washington Avenue Torrance, CA 90501

Phone:(310) 533-4689 ext.8300

Fax: (310) 972-6394


Hamilton Adult Center

2606 West 182nd Street Torrance, CA 90504

Phone:(310) 533-4689 ext.8400

Fax: (310) 972-6395


Levy Adult Center

3420 West 229th Place Torrance, CA 90505

Phone:(310) 533-4689 ext.8200

Fax: (310) 972-6399




Question #2: What do GAC, HAC, and LAC mean?


GAC- Griffith Adult Center

HAC- Hamilton Adult Center

LAC- Levy Adult Center




Question #3: Is there parking on school campuses?


Yes, there is free parking on all three campuses. Do not park in spaces designated for staff.




Registering for a Class


Question #1: How can I register for a class?


Check our website for registration information posted before each term. You may register for a class (except ESL, GED® and High School subjects) either online, by mail, in person, or by fax.



Question #2: What can I do if I am registering online and I forgot my password?


1.) Click on "log-in."

2.) Click on "Don't know your password?"

3.) Enter your email address and click "submit."

4.) Check your email & click on the link provided to change your password.

5.) Create a new password. *Don't forget to write down your password for future registration enrollment.




Transfers & Refunds


Question #1: I enrolled in the wrong class. What can I do to change my class?


You may transfer from one class to another within the same term if there is space available. You are required to fill out a transfer form available at our three Torrance Adult School offices and online. You must turn in the transfer form to any of our three school locations.



Question #2: Can I drop a class and get a refund?


You are required to fill out a refund form first in order to process a refund request. Please check our Transfer/Refund Form for our Refund Policy and for more details. All refund requests must be turned in to any of our three school locations.




High School Equivalency Information


Question #1: How do I get a High School Diploma?


Call our Hamilton Adult Center office to schedule an appointment with the counselor. Bring an official copy of your transcript from each high school, college, and/or vocational schools.



Question #2: How do I take the GED® Test?


We are now offering the GED® at Torrance Adult School! Visit our Adult Literacy & High School Education page for more information about the GED® exam, practice tests, and other High School Equivalency programs.