Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Where is Torrance Adult School located?
Torrance Adult School is located in Torrance, California and has three campuses, Griffith, Hamilton and Levy.
Q2. How can I register for a class?
Check our website for registration information posted before each term. You may register for a class (except ESL, GED and High School subjects) either online, by mail, in person, or by fax. Click here for Registration information.
Q3. I enrolled in the wrong class. What can I do to change my class?
You may transfer from one class to another within the same program (excluding Community Classes). You are required to fill out a transfer form available at the TAS offices.
Q4. Can I drop a class and get a refund?
You are required to fill out a refund form first in order to process a refund request. Please check out our Refund Policy page for more details.
Q5. What do HAC, GAC and LAC mean?
HAC ---- Hamilton Adult Center
GAC ---- Griffith Adult Center
LAC ---- Levy Adult Center
Q6. How do I take the GED Test?
- Call our office to make an appointment with the counselor.
- You would need to bring $199 cash (non-refundable)
- Bring a valid and current California ID or driver's license.
- It takes 30 minutes to fill out the application and 10-15 minutes to see the counselor.
- PLEASE SIGN UP EARLY as space is limited.
- Check our GED Page for more details and test dates.
Q7. How do I get a High School Diploma?
- Call our office to schedule an appointment with the counselor.
- Bring an official copy of your transcript from each high schools, colleges, and/or vocational schools.