ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)
Winter 2014! Advanced ESL Online
Level: Advanced ESL
January 16 through March 7 (8 weeks)
Learn English at your convenience, from the comfort of your home…or even in your pajamas!
- Improve the reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills necessary for success at work and in your community.
- Collaborate with your teacher and classmates using online discussions, interactive chats, and some online meetings.
- Watch videos and practice vocabulary and writing in an online environment.
- Receive ongoing teacher feedback throughout the course.
On-campus orientation is required for the first class meeting:
Thursday, January 16, 2014, 6pm-9pm
Griffith - Room 1
Want to take this online class? Fill out our pre-registration form beginning Monday, November 18, 2013.
Questions? Contact the ESL department: firstname.lastname@example.org, 310-533-4689 x. 8419.
Are you ready to take an online/hybrid ESL course? Here is what you will need:
Minimum Computer Experience:
- Word Processor: open, edit and save documents
- Internet: find and view websites using browser
- Email: send and receive messages, including attachments
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or 7; or Mac OSX 10.
- Computer: 1GHz, 500MB free space on hard drive, 512MB or RAM, sound card & headphones or speakers
- Internet Access: DSL or Broadband (not dial-up)
- Software - web browser: Internet Explorer (PC) or Firefox (Mac).
- iPad/iPhone/Droid use not recommended.
These are online/hybrid classes. You will collaborate with your teacher and classmates using English for online discussions, interactive chats and one face-to-face orientation on campus. You will also receive ongoing teacher feedback throughout the course, and some individual tutoring (based on a schedule you arrange with the teacher). Expect to spend 4-6 hours per week on each course.